Batchelo is a suave young Brisbane DJ who has already had quite an exciting career, as a resident DJ at The Family, The Met, and for Dragonfruit at Capulet. He has a mature, progressive and melodic house and techno sound that earned him a spot on the line-up for Circus Paradise Festival Launch in September. He has kindly shared a recording of that set with us for Underground Sound Signals. Have a listen, and read about some other fantastic gigs in Brisbane Batchelo has on the horizon.
Batchelo: “Thanks for having me! This set was quite special for me, being that it was the Circus Paradise launch party, and having Charlotte de Witte as the headliner I wanted to serve up something a little deeper and darker to what people may have been accustomed to in my sets. Lately I have really been enjoying tracks from labels such as Afterlife and Innervisions, which have really become a staple sound in my selections. Melodic, dark and dreamy would be the three words I would use to describe it, as I have always been an advocate for telling a story with the time you are given, and I feel this was a great lead up to what was an amazing evening. With so much talent across the board it was hard to fault any artist on the line up.
As for what’s coming up for me, I have recently taken up a position with Decoded Magazine as one of their music editors for the Oceanic based division of the company, alongside Jamie Grenenger and Damion Pell. We have some really exciting plans for not just Australia but a few surrounding countries moving forward in 2018/2019.
On October 21st we have our Decoded Magazine Seadeck takeover, then as we fast forward to the 27th of October I will be warming up for good friend and rising talent Taglo, at The Family. Really looking forward to this one, with Taglo being one of the masterminds behind the Eden brand, it will bring a fresh influx of quality music, music which is well overdue for the amazing venue. On the 2nd of November I will also be supporting PAWSA, for Dragonfruit’s annual Halloween party, which I am sure will be nothing short of a good time. With a few more very special dates to be announced in the coming weeks the tail end of 2018 is going to be very exciting to say the least.”
01. Patrice Baumel – Engage [Afterlife Records]
02. Aether (DE) – Raven [Afterlife Records]
03. Patrice Baumel – Glutes [Afterlife Records]
04. Ovend – Nuits Fauves [Afterlife Records]
05. Adriatique – Ray [Afterlife Records]
06. Tale Of Us – Nova [Afterlife Records]
07. Boot Slap – Adumu [Cacao Records]
08. Hunter/Game – Changing Weather [Afterlife Records]
09. Em Six – Design [Solar Distance]
10. Recondite – Rufus [Afterlife Records]
11. Mathame – Fade In To You [Afterlife Records]
12. Marc DePulse – Lowlights [Tenampa Recordings]
13. Aether (DE) – Spectre [Afterlife Records]
14. Mind Against & Aether (DE) – Eclipse [Afterlife Records]
15. Aether (DE) – Endeavour [Afterlife Records]
16. Recondite – Valvate [Afterlife Records]
Facebook Event: Eden Saturdays pres Taglo (Silk Music)
Buy Tickets: Pay at event
Facebook Event: Dragonfruit pres. PAWSA // Halloween Party // 02.11
Buy Tickets: https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1159160